What is a Cost Centre?
Cost Centres are used to help keep track of expenditure. Hours are allocated to Cost Centres in order to see how much time and money is being spent on a particular department, project or process.
Creating a new Cost Centre
- Select ‘System’ from the Menu Bar.
- Select ‘Cost Centres’ from the System Tree.
- Select ‘Create New’.
- Choose a name for the Cost Centre.
- If required, give the Cost Centre a colour from the colour picker. This helps differentiate it from other Cost Centres.
- Numbers are used by certain terminals to identify the Cost Centre, so only add a number if you need to.
The new Cost Centre will now appear in the 'Cost Centres' folder along with any others.